Hiking Hotel in the Dolomites
The most beautiful hikes in Val Pusteria/Pustertal
Val Pusteria/Pustertal ranges from Lienz in East Tyrol to Bressanone/Brixen in South Tyrol and it offers numerous tours for keen hikers and mountaineers. For centuries, the mountain farmers of the region Plan de Corones/Kronplatz have worked hard in the alpine nature and formed its appearance.
Only therefore, cows are grazing on lush meadows around our Hiking Hotel on Plan de Corones/Kronplatz at 1,400 metres above sea level. In front of the wild peaks of the Dolomites, the rustic mountain huts are a very special sight.
The most beautiful hikes in the region:
Vedrette di Ries/Rieserferner Group: Rifugio Roma/Hochgall/Kassler Hut
- Starting point: Riva di Tures/Rein in Taufers – car park at the valley floor
- Elevation gain: 740 m
- Duration: ca 2-3 hours ascent, 1-2 hours descent
- Well-built trails, but fitness and sure-footedness are necessary. The shelter is the most important hub for hikes in this area. The panorama along the Arthur Hartdegen trail is a highlight of this tour. Tip: If you are an adventurous mountaineer, you should not miss the detour to the little via ferrata that leads you on the top of Monte Covoni/Tristennöckl.
Gruppo di Fanes/Fanes Group: Rifugio Fanes/Fanes Hut and Rifugio Lavarella/Lavarella Hut
- Starting point: Pederü
- Elevation gain: 500 m
- Duration: ca 2 hours ascent, 1 hour descent
- Pleasant and easy walk, suitable also for beginners. The shelters are in the marvellous area of Valun de Fanes and are a base for longer tours too.
Sexten Dolomites/Tre Cime di Lavaredo/Drei Zinnen: Rifugio Antonio Locatelli/Dreizinnen Hut
- Starting point: Val Fiscalina/Fischleintal or Val di Ledro/Höhlensteintal
- Elevation gain: 1,000 m
- Duration: ca 3 hours ascent, 2.5 hours descent
- Well-built, but partly steep trails; sure-footedness and fitness are necessary. The panorama around the refuge is unique, because many famous mountains and rock faces are quite nearby. One of the most popular tours in this region!
Mountains in Valle Aurina/Ahrntal and Zillertal: Rifugio Ponte di Ghiaccio/Edelraut Hut
- Starting point: artificial lake in Lappago/Lappach
- Elevation gain: ca 700 m
- Duration: ca 2-3 hours ascent, 1.5 hours descent
- Well-kept mountain trails lead to the shelter that is right on the pass called Ponte di Ghiaccio/Eisbruggjoch. In addition, the hut is a starting point for many mountain climbs (Cima Cadini/Napfspitze, Punta Bianca/Weißzint…) and one of the most famous shelters in Valle Aurina/Ahrntal.