And not so far from the Berghotel Zirm, you can immerse yourself in this exciting past, feel transported back in time and experience live what people had to cope with back then.
In addition to the "Adventure Adit",
which starts here with the mine train into the Ignaz Adit, there is "Mining Junior"
for mini-explorers, the participatory tour for families, together on a treasure hunt inside the mountain. "Through the mountain",
the extreme tour for mountain maniacs in the heart of the mountain, definitely a physical & mental challenge. "The path of the miners",
the tour for those with endurance and not to forget, "the climate tunnel"
a place of relaxation. This cave therapy even provides relief for chronically recurring respiratory diseases. It is also the perfect place for allergy and hay fever sufferers. True to the motto: pollen dust time = cave time.
Here are a few important tips for you when you dive into the mountain:
And this is how you get into the exciting past with your car:
- All tours are guided by professionally trained staff and must be booked in advance!
- The Prettau mine is open from April to November and is located in the Tauferer Ahrntal valley.
- Warm clothing and sturdy shoes are highly recommended in sub-zero temperatures.
- The "Adventure Adit" is partially barrier-free.
- Dogs are allowed in the outdoor area, but they cannot be taken into the galleries.
- A restaurant is available not only for visitors to the galleries.
South Tyrol Museum of Mining - Location Prettau with Climate Gallery
Don't forget to make a reservation!
You can reach us by phone at +39 0474 654298
or by e-mail at email@example.com